Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. Sam Henderson (“SamHenderson”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting your personal and financial information.
- what information we collect,
- how we gather and use it, and
- how we comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act.
What information we collect
We may collect and process any information:
- you submitted to the Website or SamHenderson directly via writing, phone or email, including during the registration process;
- obtained through your use of the Website;
- related to your browsing activity when using the Website.
We may, in addition to other information, collect and process the following information and data about you:
- your name, email address, mailing and billing addresses, telephone number, gender, date of birth;
- information received if you contact us;
- information that you provide by filling in forms or completing surveys on our Website;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website;
- information about your visits to our Website, including but not limited to, traffic, location and communication data;
- operating system, web browser, domain name and IP address information for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing behaviour, and does not identify any individual.
You may choose not to provide information to us when we ask, however you may not be able to utilise our Website as a result.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates, as well as non-associated websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that SamHenderson does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to such websites.
How your information will be used
The information collected is used to:
- provide our Services to you, and for purposes ancillary to our Services;
- recognise you from other users;
- understanding how you use the Website so that we can provide a great user experience and continually improve our Website.
We may also use your personal information to:
- provide you with news and information about, and changes to, our Services and new investment opportunities, where you consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- perform, manage and enhance our Services;
- communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone;
- in the case of Investors and Advisors, verify your identity, suitability and eligibility to use our Website or our Services;
- in the case of Businesses seeking capital, verify and approve disclosures you make to potential Investors;
- conduct research into how users utilise our Website and Services;
- investigate any issues or complaints made by, against or in connection with you;
- comply with legal obligations, crime or fraud detection, prevention or prosecution.
You may remove yourself from our mailing lists by following the link provided in every newsletter. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
Sharing your information
We use the information you provide to us to tailor our content to suit your needs. We may make your information available to any member of our group, meaning our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as the case may be) as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
We may share newsletter mailing lists with third-parties to help promote news and information about our Services to you.
We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes. Except as set out in this policy, we do not sell or trade personal information to third-parties, or allow such third-parties to use that personal information for any purpose outside that which the information was disclosed.
If we disclose your information to recipients outside Australia, we will take steps to ensure adequate measures are taken to protect your information before it is disclosed.
We do not routinely disclose personal information to other organisations unless we are required to by law or you give your consent.
How we protect your information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide to us and we collect, use or disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Where you have a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, however we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to your information
We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure your information is accurate, complete, current and not misleading.
If you would like to access, correct or update the personal information we hold about you, or or make a complaint, please contacting us at:
Sam Henderson Pty Ltd
Level 5, 12 O’connell Street
Sydney NSW 2000
We will endeavour to provide access, correct or update all the personal information we hold about you within a reasonable period after we receive your request, except in limited circumstances where we are permitted to withhold this information (for instance, where granting access would infringe another individual’s privacy). We may require you to provide proof of your identity (eg valid driver’s licence or passport) before we can provide you with copies of your personal information. In some cases we may also request an administrative fee to cover the cost of access.In any request or communication, please be sure to provide your full name, preferred email address and phone number, together with your mailing address, and a short description of the information you would like a copy of or your complaint.
If you contact us to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, we will endeavour to resolve your complaint within 30 business days from when we receive your request.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in Australia and overseas. In the event that any data is stored overseas, it may also be processed by staff operating outside Australia who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
*Services means operate via, but not limited to, a web-based platform for the purposes, which may include but are not limited to, introducing, connecting, communicating and educating.